Yesterday I was having a conversation with a friend who shared she had an abortion in 1979, just six years after legalization. She had no support and no one to talk to. Her parents wanted her to have an abortion. She had very little information except that abortion was legal, so therefore it must be okay.
We have the same issue today. There is not enough balanced information out there. That is why pregnancy centers like Chester County Womens Services Medical exist. We wish to balance out the information that is available.
We live in a world where those that proclaim the right to life of the unborn are viewed as “anti-progressive” and “anti-women’s rights.” This is not the case. Many believe that abortion is being presented as a method of birth control, but after life is already started. In every other arena, ending a life is murder. There have been more than 60 million people who have lost their life, brutally ended by abortion. Imagine the population of the 18 states in the area from Arkansas and Wisconsin in the East, to Idaho and Nevada in the west: eliminated; gone! This is more than either the Hispanic or African American population in the U.S. It is horrific! All of these babies were created in God’s image and would have been loved and wanted by someone.
Back when the Supreme Court made the decision in Roe vs Wade, there were deceptions and much less information than we have today. Neonatal and medical science now graphically portrays, as science was unable to 45 years ago, how a baby develops sensitivity to external stimuli and to pain much earlier than was then believed. The sociological landscape surrounding unwed motherhood has changed dramatically since Roe was decided. No longer does the unwed mother face social ostracism. Government programs offer medical care, social services, and even, through “Baby Moses” laws in all 50 states, there is the option of leaving a newborn directly in the care of the state until it can be adopted.
Here are more facts you may not know:
- There are thousands of women who have had abortions and claim to have suffered long-term emotional damage and impaired relationships from their decision.
- Studies show these women may be more prone to engage in high-risk, self-destructive conduct as a result of having had abortions.
- Women are often herded through these procedures by abortions clinics with little to no medical or emotional counseling.
- Every new life begins at conception. This is an irrefutable fact of biology. It is true for animals and true for humans.
- Less than 1% of all abortions are performed to save the life of the mother. It is an extremely rare case when abortion is required to save the mother’s life.
- Abortion is more dangerous than childbirth. It is more dangerous to the mother than if she were to give birth to the child. The evidence overwhelmingly proves that the mortality rates of legal abortion are several times higher than that for carrying a pregnancy to term.
- Beginning at the 8th week of development, an unborn baby that is aborted feels pain during the abortion. The baby feels both psychological and real physical, organic pain.
- Abortion disproportionally targets minority babies. In the United States, black children are aborted at 5 times the rate of white children and Hispanic children don’t fare much better. Abortion is the leading cause of death among black Americans. Abortion is by no means an equal opportunity killer.
- Abortion has become a form of gender-cide, shrinking the global female population at an alarming rate. Abortion has also become the driving force in eliminating females around the globe. Estimates put the global gender gap somewhere between 100 and 200 million people. Abortion has become the most effective means of sexism ever devised, ridding the world of multitudes of unwanted females.
Regardless of your stand on this issue, we know that for every good medical advancement there can also be an evil use for that technology. The Roe v. Wade ruling has led to the outrageous practice of partial-birth abortion, where a baby is partially delivered, then killed. Roe also gave rise to the massive tragedy in West Philadelphia, where the abortionist Kermit Gosnell was found guilty of the murders of three full-term babies and the death of a female patient.
The healthy choice is the choice for life. Abortion leaves the mother to grieve the life of a baby. Many of these mothers turn to drugs and alcohol to numb their pain. Norma McCorvey, Jane Roe in Roe v. Wade has testified to a Senate Subcommittee, “I saw procedure rooms where sanitation and hygiene were afterthoughts. I worked with a doctor that operated on women while he was barefoot…but the most terrible of all, I saw women who were emotionally and physically scarred by their visit to an abortion clinic. They often came asking us if it was a baby, and more often than not, they were lied to and told no.”
If the courts were to delve into the facts underlying Roe’s scheme with present-day knowledge, they might conclude that a woman’s “choice” is far more risky and less beneficial, and the child’s capacity for sensation and feeling far more advanced than the Roe Court knew.